Taj provides a 6-month warranty on all Taj jewelry. This guarantee applies to all defaults that cannot be blamed on the buyer and that are obviously due to production errors. These are:
- The ‘sudden’ breaking of a piece of jewelry.
- The breaking off of a part of the piece of jewelry (a flower, a ball etc) without there being an obvious cause for this (for example: wearing a ring during working out with heavy weights).
The warranty does not apply when:
- A Taj ring is bend out of shape severely (this can only happen with force and is therefore due to the buyer).
- The breaking of a piece of Taj jewelry when this is clearly due to the buyer.
- The theft of a piece of Taj jewelry.
- The loss of a piece of Taj jewelry.
- The no-longer-fitting of a piece of Taj jewelry.
What happens when the warranty does apply:
When the warranty does apply (meaning that the default is due to Taj) we will replace the piece of jewelry with a new piece under these conditions:
- The buyer get’s the exact same piece of jewelry that was bought originally. This means that the buyer can under no circumstances get a different size, color or design than the one that was originally bought.
- After the piece of jewelry has been replaced, the starting date of the warranty remains the date on which the piece of jewelry was originally bought. (Example: if you bought a ring on the 4th of April 2015, the guarantee on it applies until the 4th of October 2015. If the something happens to it within those six months, the guarantee is still only valid until the 4th of October.
What to do if the warranty applies?
When the warranty applies, send an e-mail to [email protected] explaining what has happened to the jewelry and add a photo of the broken piece of jewelry in which the damage is clearly visible. In the subject line you fill in ‘Warranty claim’. Also add a valid proof of purchase to the e-mail (a copy of the invoice or order confirmation).
When the damage is NOT due to the buyer:
If the damage is not due to the buyer, Taj will refund the shipment costs made to send the broken jewelry to Taj. Taj will transfer the shipment costs to the account from which the purchase was originally made. The buyer will then receive a replacement piece of jewelry as soon as possible.
When there is doubt about who is to blame for the damage:
In case of doubt, the shipment costs are initially for the buyer. If it turns out that the damage was due to Taj after this has been checked by our silver smith, Taj will refund the shipment costs still.
When the damage turns out to be due to the buyer after all/‘by honest mistake’:
If it turns out that the damage is due to the buyer after all, the buyer will not get a refund for the shipment costs that were made to send the jewelry to Taj. Taj will however pay the shipment costs to send the damaged jewelry back to the buyer.
When the damage is clearly due to the buyer:
When the damage is clearly due to the buyer and when it is clear that the buyer her/himself could have known this, the shipment costs to send the jewelry to Taj are not refunded. Also the buyer will have to pay for the shipment costs to send the broken jewelry back to the buyer. The buyer will receive an invoice for these costs and the jewelry is send back to the buyer after the payment for these shipment costs has been made.
If it is already clear from the photo attached to the e-mail that the damage is due to the buyer, Taj will let the buyer know that sending the jewelry to Taj is unnecessary. Taj will advise the buyer about what to do to have the damaged restored as well as possible by a third party.
II. SHIPMENT AND PACKAGING CONDITIONS WHEN THE BUYER SENDS A PIECE OF JEWELRY BACK TO TAJ.
Send your jewelry back to Taj, unworn and undamaged. Use the original packaging (or a similar envelope or box) and send the package to Taj with Track and Trace. Note: a package with Track & Trace is not necessarily the same as a registered mail package (registered mail is usually more expensive). The shipping costs for sending your jewelry to Taj are at your own expense.
NOTE: if you don’t send your package with Track & Trace and the package gets lost, then you as a buyer will be held responsible. This means that we won’t give a refund for the lost jewelry and that we won’t send you new jewelry. That’s why you need to keep your Track & Trace code and make sure you don’t lose it.
6581 TJ Malden
Gelderland, The Netherlands