Leren van de wijzen. Vandaag: 10X levenswijsheden van Thich Nhat Hanh, verbannen Vietnamese boeddhistische monnik, vredesactivist, dichter en schrijver.
1. “Be yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search or struggle. Just be.”
2. "Freedom is not given to us by anyone; we have to cultivate it ourselves. It is a daily practice... No one can prevent you from being aware of each step you take or each breath in and breath out."
3. "Many people are alive but don't touch the miracle of being alive."
4. "When you love someone, the best thing you can offer is your presence. How can you love if you are not there?"
5. "Mindfulness helps you go home to the present. And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes."
6. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
7. "Every morning when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand new hours to love. What a precious gift! We have the capacity to live in a way that these twenty-four hours will bring peace, joy and happiness to ourselves and others."
8. "Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life."
9. "People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar."
10. "Life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now."
Laat je inspireren door échte Taj women en lees ook: Deze vrouwen veranderden de wereld. >