This easy yet surprisingly tasty salad is the perfect side dish. You only need a couple of ingredients to create a luxurious flavor. And it’s super healthy, too, for beans and kale are rich in iron (per calorie, kale has more iron than beef) and oranges are rich in vitamin C, which makes it easier for your body to absorb the iron.
Prep time: less than ten minutes
Servings: about 4
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 bag of kale, washed and stems removed
- 400 grams (14 oz) cannelinni beans
- 8 big sun-dried tomatoes
- Handful of pecans
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THE DRESSING:
- 220 ml (1 cup) olive oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pepper & salt
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in boiled water for about 15 minutes.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Add pepper and salt to taste.
3. Massage the kale with the dressing, for about 2 minutes, until the leaves are nice and soft.
4. Add the cannellini beans. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes in strips and add them as well.
5. Over high heat, roast the pecans in an oil free frying pan. Keep moving them around and don’t leave them out of your sight (!) – for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Add the pecans to your salad. Stir to combine and serve.
Mmm, coconut veggie curry with loads of veggies. >
The perfect afternoon snack, treat or desert. This banana bread is easy, sweet, heavenly and very versatile. >
So this is how you make one heck of a chia pudding. >
Check out our jewelry! Taj Amsterdam | Recycled silver | Dutch design | Handcrafted on Bali | Fair to the People & Fair to the Planet.